MY MENSTRUAL STORY!



 






Today is Menstrual Hygiene Day.

It's a day set aside all over the world to celebrate and create awareness on the importance of good Menstrual Hygiene Importance.

In the spirit of today's celebration, I will be sharing my own Menstrual Period Story with you.

I was 13years old and I went to spend my first JSS3 Holiday at my special Aunt's place(my mum's elder sister).

And oh, I said my first JSS3 because I had to write the exam twice.

She had enrolled me for an holiday class called WOFBI(Word of Faith Bible Institute)...

So on that faithful day I and other teenagers went for an excursion.

I really enjoyed every bit of the journey because I was actually asked to give a speech at DBS, one of the excursion sites. 

Everything was calm, not until I started having stomach pains, running stomach....

Ha‼️ only me.


I wasn't Comfortable atall, I knew I wasn't Hungry but I couldn't place my hands on what was wrong.

I just had to maintain myself as a gentle girl you know.

I'm really gentle, sincerely ask my mummy.


After the Excursion, I got home and rushed to the restroom and this time, I found some Red, Brown stains on my Panties

Like I was amazed. I had an idea of what period was all about but I didn't really expect it to come a that time.

So somehow, I refreshed and waited for my Aunt to come back home.

I wasn't sure what she was gonna say...

So my aunt came back and after eating that night, I told her that "Aunty Isioma, I saw my period today" and the way she screamed was shocking..

Well, it wasn't that type of scream, you're thinking.

You could feel the joy coming out of inside. 

She embraced me, got a _Pad_ and fixed it on a Clean Panty, started praying, encouraging me to keep myself that I'm now a woman...

I felt pure love and welcomed into womanhood.

I could only imagine the experience before then but that day, I was a partaker. It didn't end there oh...

My Aunt had to call my mum and she came over that week. They both made discussions on how they'd kill a chicken to celebrate my new found GLORY.

I really wish, this was the way every lady would be celebrated. 

I've heard of some ladies who were stigmatized as a result of seeing their first period but it shouldn't be so...

No matter what Tradition says, your period is something to be proud and being supportive of every woman seeing their first or continuous period is something we all should adopt.

In order for us to have a healthier gateway(women) for our Children.

So support every lady (Young/Old) positively In order for them to have a Healthy Menstrual Life.








HAPPY MENSTRUAL HYGIENE DAY

I hope my story Encourages Someone.

Lots of Love from your FAVOURITE NURSE FAVOUR.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GENOTYPE MATCH AND THE IMPORTANCE!

GENOTYPE!

NINE P.M.S SIGNS EVERY LADY SHOULD KNOW!